All Saints Literacy Center is seeking volunteer tutors to help adults learn to read, write and speak in English. Tutors work one to one with English as a Second Language (ESL) learners that need help learning English to meet their goals. All training and materials are provided. It only takes two hours a week to make a difference in someone’s life!
- 18 years or older
- Comfortable reading and writing in English
- Have a positive attitude
- Be patient and encouraging
- Empathetic to second language learners’ needs
- Be flexible and willing to learn strategies to help a person succeed
- No previous teaching or tutoring experiences is needed
- High school graduate and completion of some college coursework
- Able to commit to 6 months of service
- Willing to learn computer software that learners will use
- No previous computer knowledge is needed, just a willingness to learn!